High Rock Conservation Camp #32
23322 Ave. of the Giants, Weott, CA 95571
PH: (707) 946-2343 x2344
CDCR Camp Staff
- Lt. A. Audette, Camp Commander
CAL FIRE Staff
- M. Rodgers, Division Chief
Facts and figures
Total Staff (CDCR) 2015: 9
Total Staffing (CAL-FIRE/LAC) 2015: 13
Total # Inmates (as of 11/17/2015): 96
Our in-camp crew has built quite a reputation for the quality of woodworking products they produce. They are responsible for milling and curing redwood lumber before it is assembled into tables, benches, signs, jewelry boxes, etc. One of our most memorable projects was the playhouse we built and painted for CASA to raffle off last year.
Community service projects
- C.A.S.A. (Court Appointed Special Advocates)—Facility Maintenance and Built a Play House from our woodshop for a fundraiser supporting C.A.S.A.
- Local Schools—Blue Lake Elementary, Scotia Elementary, Angus Johnson—Outdoor Maintenance of School grounds, Weed Eating, Trim Trees, Brush the perimeter of school.
- Ferndale Fair Grounds—Set Up Pens and Horse Corral, Clean Stalls and Replace Hay, Complete Takedown
- Local Fire Departments—Fortuna, Rio Dell, Arcata> Building Maintenance, Pressure Wash and Paint Building, Fire Hazard Reduction.
- Local Cemetery—Weed eat, Pull Weeds, Trim Trees
- Monday Night Football Food Sale to raise funds for the local Miranda Pet Rescue
Established in 1954, High Rock is one of the oldest camps in the state and one of the most beautiful, situated in the heart of Humboldt Redwoods State Park.
Community Volunteers Provide G.E.D. and College Course support, Bring Library books and Teach Piano and Guitar classes every Saturday. Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday Nights, We have our Spiritual and Religious Services and Support Groups.