Long-Term Offender Pilot Program (LTOPP)
The LTOPP is a voluntary program that provides evidenced-based treatment programming to inmates who are serving long-term sentences.
Following a completed Correctional Offender Management Profiling for Alternative Sanctions (COMPAS) needs assessment that determines each participant’s individual programming needs, services are provided in individual and group settings to address the following major criminogenic areas: substance abuse, criminal thinking, anger management, family relationships, and victim impact.
This prison-based program is part of the Office of Offender Services – In-Prison Programs.
- Central California Women’s Facility (CCWF)
- California Men’s Colony (CMC)
- California State Prison, Solano (SOL)
Length of Program:
Varies based on each individual’s assessed needs.
Inmates will be placed in the LTOPP by a Classification Committee on a voluntary basis, based on their eligibility requirements (see below).
Inmates may be enrolled if they are housed within the general population and are not precluded from placement at a LTOPP facility. They must have already appeared before the Board of Parole Hearings for an Initial Parole Consideration Hearing, have been denied parole, and must have sufficient time to complete the program prior to their next BPH Parole suitability hearing. In addition, they must have medium-to-high criminogenic needs as identified in the COMPAS Reentry Assessment for males, and Long-Term Offender Reentry Assessment (LTORA) for females. Totally medically disabled inmates will require clearance by a classification committee prior to placement.
- Office of Correctional Education
- Office of Offender Services
- Office of Program Accountability & Support
- Adult Basic Education
- ARCAID Machine
- CAL-ID Card Program
- Caltrans Parolee Work Crew Program
- Career Technical Education
- Cognitive Behavioral Treatment
- Community-Based Coalition
- Computer Literacy Learning Center
- Day Reporting Centers
- Female Offender Treatment and Employment Program
- General Education Development
- Golden State Works Initiative
- High School Diploma
- In-Prison Sex Offender Management Program
- In-Prison Substance Abuse Treatment Program
- Institutional Television Services
- Library Services
- Long-term Offender Program
- Medi-Cal Frequently Asked Questions
- Offender Mentor Certification Program
- Parolee Service Center
- Parolee Services Network
- Reentry Hubs
- Residential Multi-Service Center
- Step-Down Program
- Substance Abuse Services Coordination Agencies
- Substance Abuse Treatment and Recovery Program
- Transitions Program
- Voluntary Education Program
- Voluntary Education Program - College
= In-Prison Program
= Community Reentry Program